When you are into to E-commerce Marketing, things can be tricky. According to Forrester Research, when it comes to online shopping, 22% of consumers do not want to make a phone call to have their questions answered and if they don’t find their answer quickly, 57% of the customers abandon purchase.
* When it comes to Indian Market, Customer loyalty is an issue, as the customer tends to shop where the discount is more, thus leaving E-commerce sites to spend more to bring customer back.
* To overcome this, E-commerce must put their attention on the customer service.
* It would take some time and a lot of effort to gain the customer loyalty.
* And now that you are here, don’t forget about the big-small “Mobile”.
* Make sure your E-commerce website is mobile friendly as its one the big factor in boosting your traffic and profitability.
* As an E-commerce company, focus should always be on few basic points to maintain the profitability and traffic.
1. Concentration on Goal:
You should always know your main goal as in, what is it that you want to achieve? Is it the more traffic to your website or more conversion of customers? This will help you to know what you have to do and for what you need to say NO.! As an example, I want to draw 50,000 visitors in a month and for this I plan to create and promote content in a week.
2. Know Customers:
As Steve Jobs once said “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.”
Nobody else could have said it better. You should know the customers you are serving, this is called a ‘ buyer’s persona.’
3. Know your Competition:
“Keep your friends close but your enemies closer”
– Michael Corleone, The Godfather Part II.
A thorough research into your competition can tell you about where an opportunity lies to grow your business. Most of the time, Customers know the answer to their problem better than you. Focus on the things where competition is not. This can open bunch of new doors for your business.
5. Key Word Research:
Now we have learned about our competition, we focus on how to outrank them. We do this by doing Keyword Research. Make sure your Key words are placed correctly in your content and ratio of generic key words as well as long tail keywords should be spread throughout content. You should keep looking for the key words that are becoming popular. There are many tools for this, like Google Key words, Google Trends. Type in words related to your niche and you will see number of searches for those words over time.
6. Pay per click Advertising:
Since it’s somewhat similar to SEO as it uses keywords in its operations. Pay per click campaign can do wonders for your E-commerce website marketing. This can show you instant results and traffic to your website. Search engine like Google, Bing, yahoo have their own online tool for PPC.
7. Social Media Marketing:
Now that Social Media is an integral part of every body’s life, it shouldn’t be surprise that it made our list of E-commerce marketing. Whether its Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn or any other media, there is lot to gain for an E-commerce company to have marketing straregy for social media as most of their potential customer are hooked on to Social Media.
8. E-mail Marketing:
Tried and tested numerous times, it’s one of the original ways of our E-commerce marketing.
Since its been around from a long time, it’s one of the easy and inexpensive way of marketing compared to other forms of online Marketing.